Fusilli with pumpkin, mushrooms and sausage
- Montepulciano d’Abruzzo organic D.O.P. Atlante Brand
- 200 gr Fusilli Atlante Brand
- 150 gr Sausage
- 350 gr Pumpkin
- 100 gr Mushrooms
- 1 Carrot
- 1 Onion
- 1 Celery
- 80 gr Parmesan
- 30 gr Butter
- Olive oil
October 25th is marked as World Pasta Day, a day to celebrate the versatile deliciousness of one of the most popular Italian dishes. The origin of the day dates back to 1995 when 40 pasta producers decided to form a World Pasta Congress. Vanessa and Matteo from Belli.demamma decided to prepare fusilli with pumpkin, sausage and mushroom. A mix of simple ingredients that bring to life an unique and mouth-filling taste. Pumpkin, sausage and mushroom give a rich flavor to this dish! On the other side, our regional fusilli, just like homemade ones, fit perfectly this sauce thanks to their peculiar swirl shape that retains the sauce: the best to fully enjoy your pasta dish.
To enjoy these donuts at their best, try to combine them with a glass of Montepulciano d'Abruzzo Atlante Brand and its notes of black cherry and red fruits.
- To begin wash the mushrooms and cut them into very thin slices. Coarsely chop half onion, half carrot and half celery. Heat the oil in a large, shallow, flameproof casserole or frying pan over a low-medium heat and fry the vegetables until softened and then add the mushrooms.
- In the meanwhile, peel the pumpkin and cut into 1-inch chunksand then coarsely chop half onion, half carrot and half celery. Heat the oil in a large, shallow, flameproof casserole or frying pan over a low-medium heat and fry the vegetables. Add about 1 cup of the cooking water and cook for 10-15 mins.
- In a large pan, brown Italian sausage over medium-high heat , breaking it into pieces. At this point pour half glass of our Montepulciano d’Abruzzo and continue to turn until the sausage absorbs the wine. Then mix everything together.
- When the pumpkin is ready, put aside about half of it, while blending with an immersion blender the remaining one and then create a cream. Add salt and pepper.
- Let's put the pumpkin cream in a pan and put it on the stove. Add the butter and only after it has melted, add the Parmesan cheese. Stir vigorously to incorporate everything.
- Add the mushroom and sausage mix and the pumpkin cubes to the pumpkin cream (we suggest you leave some of the mushroom-sausage mix and the pumpkin cubes aside, so that you can use them as decoration for the dish at the end).
- Let’s bring the water to a boil and add salt. Add Atlante Brand Fusilli and set aside about 1 cup of the cooking water.
- When the fusilli are a little more than halfway through cooking, drain and toss them in the pumpkin cream, add half a cup of cooking water and cook on a high heat.
- Serve and garnish with mushrooms, sausage and pumpkin cubes… buon appetito!