Spinach and ricotta Lumaconi pasta with roasted red pepper sauce
For the sauce:
- 70oz (2 Kg) Fresh Spinach
- 17.6oz (500g) Ricotta
- 1.2oz (35g) Grana Padano Cheese + 2.4oz (70g) Grana Padano Cheese
- Red Pepper Sauce, how desired
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
For the pasta:
- Lumaconi Pasta
- ½ Tablespoon Course Salt
If you want to liven up your Sunday meal, how about whipping up a mouth-watering pasta dish: spinach and ricotta Lumaconi pasta with roasted red pepper sauce.
- Bring a large pot of water to boil, add 3 pinches of salt followed by one half of the freshly cleaned spinach. Cook until wilted, about 5 minutes. Remove the first batch with a slotted spoon and transfer to a colander. Shock with cold water, let cool, then squeeze out the excess liquid. Repeat for the second batch, reserving the spinach water.
- Add 2 more pinches of salt to the spinach water and more water if necessary. Add the Lumaconi pasta and cook until “al dente” (Slightly hard)
- While the pasta is cooking, transfer the cooled spinach to a large bowl and add the ricotta, ½ cup parmesan cheese, red pepper sauce, salt and pepper.
- Drain the pasta and return to the pot along with a drizzle of olive oil to keep the pasta from sticking together.
- Cover the bottom of an extra large casserole dish with a thin layer of roasted red pepper sauce.
- Fill each pasta shell with a spoonful of ricotta and spinach filling then place in the casserole dish. Repeat.
- Once the pan is full with the filled pasta, cover with the remaining red pepper sauce and 1 cup of Grana Padano cheese.
- Bake at 350 (180°) until the pasta is warm, about 10-15 minutes. Serve with extra grated Grana Padano cheese if desired.
Discover the other recipes
40easy 'Mbriachelle donuts with Montepulciano d'Abruzzo A traditional Italian dessert to be enjoyed with a glass of our Montepulciano
20medium Green pea pasta with cream cheese and sauteed vegetables A creamy and delicious vegetarian pasta recipe