Pasta alla norma
- Paccheri Atlante Brand 250 gr
- Peeled tomatoes 600 gr
- Eggplant 2
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Salted ricotta
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Frying oil
Pasta alla Norma is a traditional Sicilian pasta recipe, born in Catania in the early 1900s. Vanessa and Matteo from Belli.demamma decided to prepare a version of this pasta with our Paccheri. A quick and easy recipe for an all-Italian harmony of flavors.
- To begin wash the aubergine and cut them into very thin slices and sprinkle them with salt. Leave in a colander for 1 hour. The salt will allow the aubergine to release the bitter taste (we recommend placing a plate under the colander, to collect the bitter liquid they release).
- Let's prepare the sauce. Gently sauté the garlic in oil. Once golden, add some chopped basil leaves, mix well, to flavor the oil.
- Now it's time to add the peeled tomatoes, which we gradually reduce into large chunks. Add salt, a drop of water. Simmer for 20 minutes until the sauce has thickened slightly. Stir intermittently to avoid any sticking.
- Meanwhile, rinse the salt from the aubergine under running water and pat dry with kitchen paper.
- Put some frying oil in a saucepan or pan, and wait for it to heat up. Shallow fry the aubergine in olive oil until golden. Once golden, drain on kitchen paper to remove any excess oil
- Cook the pasta in a pan of heavily salted boiling water. Once the pasta is cooked al dente, drain and add to the tomato sauce. Sprinkle everything with salted ricotta! The dish is ready!
Discover the other recipes
45medium Spinach and ricotta Lumaconi pasta with roasted red pepper sauce Baked pasta is a typical dish of Sunday Italian family lunch