Pasta alla norma
- Paccheri Atlante Brand 250 gr
- Peeled tomatoes 600 gr
- Eggplant 2
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Salted ricotta
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Frying oil
Pasta alla Norma is a traditional Sicilian pasta recipe, born in Catania in the early 1900s. Vanessa and Matteo from Belli.demamma decided to prepare a version of this pasta with our Paccheri. A quick and easy recipe for an all-Italian harmony of flavors.
- To begin wash the aubergine and cut them into very thin slices and sprinkle them with salt. Leave in a colander for 1 hour. The salt will allow the aubergine to release the bitter taste (we recommend placing a plate under the colander, to collect the bitter liquid they release).
- Let's prepare the sauce. Gently sauté the garlic in oil. Once golden, add some chopped basil leaves, mix well, to flavor the oil.
- Now it's time to add the peeled tomatoes, which we gradually reduce into large chunks. Add salt, a drop of water. Simmer for 20 minutes until the sauce has thickened slightly. Stir intermittently to avoid any sticking.
- Meanwhile, rinse the salt from the aubergine under running water and pat dry with kitchen paper.
- Put some frying oil in a saucepan or pan, and wait for it to heat up. Shallow fry the aubergine in olive oil until golden. Once golden, drain on kitchen paper to remove any excess oil
- Cook the pasta in a pan of heavily salted boiling water. Once the pasta is cooked al dente, drain and add to the tomato sauce. Sprinkle everything with salted ricotta! The dish is ready!