Maize penne with pepper cream and crispy bacon
- 320 gr of Atlante Brand Maize Penne
1 red pepper
- 1/2 yellow pepper
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 of red onion
- 1 garlic glove
- 100 gr of bacon
- q.b. fresh parsley and basil
- q.b. extra-virgin olive oil
- q.b salt
- q.b paprika
Maize penne with pepper cream and crispy bacon is a delicious dish, perfect for any meal. A recipe that perfectly combines Italian flavour such as basil, tomatoes and peppers with an ingredient that over time has become a classic in all the cuisines of the world: bacon.
- First of all, take care of the pepper sauce. Chop the onion and fry it slightly with olive oil and garlic for a few minutes, then remove the garlic. Now add the cherry tomatoes and the peppers cut in small pieces. Season it with salt and paprika and cook them for 10 minutes, until the peppers are soft.
- At this point transfer the vegetables into a mixer with a few basil leaves and reduce it into a cream. In the meantime, cut the bacon slices into strips and roast them in a very hot pan until crispy, then turn off the heat.
- When the pasta is cooked, drain it and pour the maize penne in a pan with the pepper cream. Toss it with the sauce until they will be well mixed. As a final touch, add the crunchy bacon and the fresh parsley.