Yellow lentils baked pasta with Arrabbiata Sauce
- 320g Yellow Lentil Penne
- 1 pot of Atlante Arrabbiata sauce
- Half eggplant
- 150g sweet provola cheese
- Parmesan cheese, how desired
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil, how desired
- Salt, how desired
- A few leaves of fresh basil
Baked pasta is typical dish that Italians love eating at lunch on Saturday, according to the tradition. Our recipe is a revised version of this delicious classic: yellow lentils baked pasta with Atlante arrabbiata sauce, eggplants and provola cheese. For this recipe we used our yellow lentil pasta, rich in fibers and proteins, and Atlante arrabbiata sauce, made following the ingredients from Campania, to give a touch of spiciness and originality to the dish.
The result is an irresistible and fragrant baked pasta that combines the excellent properties of our legume pasta and the delicacy of Arrabbiata sauce with eggplants and provola cheese!
- Start by cutting the eggplant in small slices and cook it on a cast iron grill. Once they are ready, cut the slices in cubes and add a bit of salt.
- Cook the Yellow Lentil Penne in a pot full of boiling salted water and drain it “al dente” by cooking it around 1 minute less than the suggested time written on the pasta box.
- Once the pasta is ready, dress it with the Arrabbiata sauce, the diced eggplant and the provola cheese cut in little cubes as well.
- Put the pasta in the baking dish, add a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese and a bit of olive oil.
- Cook it in the preheated oven at 200°C for 15 minutes.
- Once the pasta is ready, take it out of the oven and serve it with a few leaves of fresh basil. Buon Appetito!