Maize Penne with rocket pesto, cherry tomatoes and Grana cheese
- 320 gr of Atlante Brand Maize Penne
- 100 gr of rocket
- 50 gr of toasted almonds
- 150 gr of cherry tomatoes
- Grana cheese shavings to taste
- Extra-virgin olive oil to taste
- Salt to taste
The maize penne with rocket pesto, cherry tomatoes and Grana is a recipe famous all over Italy, especially during the hot season. Italian people usually cook the pasta, season it with the sauce and then they leave it in the fridge for a whole night. That is the reason why it is also called “pasta fredda”, literally cold pasta. The maize penne is great for this recipe: its delicious taste combines perfectly with the rocket pesto and the grana cheese.
- First, fill a pot with water and bring it to a boil. Once the water is boiling, add a bit of salt and your Maize Penne.
- While pasta is cooking, take care of the sauce. Chop finely the rocket with the olive oil, salt and the almonds until it becomes a creamy pesto.
- When spaghetti is cooked, drain it and season it with the pesto. Now, wait some minutes until the pasta is cooled.
- As a final touch, add the cherry tomatoes cut in halves and serve the penne with rocket pesto seasoned with grana cheese shavings.