Maize Penne with rocket pesto, cherry tomatoes and Grana cheese
- 320 gr of Atlante Brand Maize Penne
- 100 gr of rocket
- 50 gr of toasted almonds
- 150 gr of cherry tomatoes
- Grana cheese shavings to taste
- Extra-virgin olive oil to taste
- Salt to taste
The maize penne with rocket pesto, cherry tomatoes and Grana is a recipe famous all over Italy, especially during the hot season. Italian people usually cook the pasta, season it with the sauce and then they leave it in the fridge for a whole night. That is the reason why it is also called “pasta fredda”, literally cold pasta. The maize penne is great for this recipe: its delicious taste combines perfectly with the rocket pesto and the grana cheese.
- First, fill a pot with water and bring it to a boil. Once the water is boiling, add a bit of salt and your Maize Penne.
- While pasta is cooking, take care of the sauce. Chop finely the rocket with the olive oil, salt and the almonds until it becomes a creamy pesto.
- When spaghetti is cooked, drain it and season it with the pesto. Now, wait some minutes until the pasta is cooled.
- As a final touch, add the cherry tomatoes cut in halves and serve the penne with rocket pesto seasoned with grana cheese shavings.
Discover the other recipes
20medium Green pea pasta with cream cheese and sauteed vegetables A creamy and delicious vegetarian pasta recipe
35medium Baked Lumaconi with Arrabbiata sauce A delicious baked pasta perfect to bring to the table a typical Italian recipe