Trofie al pesto
- 320 gr of Atlante Brand Trofie Regional Pasta
- 1 jar of Green Pesto Atlante Brand
The pesto trofie are a typical dish of Liguria, in particular of the city of Genoa and for this reason they are also called Genoese trofie.
This is a quick first course to prepare, great for any meal, whether it's a light lunch or a first course for a tasty dinner.
Pesto is in fact an extremely versatile sauce that can be used in many recipes. What we are going to present to you is the most traditional one.
- Put a pot with plenty of salted water on the heat and boil it
- Pour the Atlante trofie into the water and cook for about 15 minutes
- Once your trofie are ready, drain it and keeping aside a ladle of cooking water.
- In a separate bowl pour the pasta and season with the green Altante pesto, pouring a few tablespoons of cooking water if necessary to mix the pasta and pesto sauce.
- Here are your fragrant pesto trofie ready to be served at your table!
Last advice? Try them even cold, adding a handful of fresh cherry tomatoes cut into wedges. You will not regret it!