'Mbriachelle donuts with Montepulciano d'Abruzzo
- ½ glass of Montepulciano d'Abruzzo DOP Atlante Brand
- 330 gr of white flour (type 00)
- 50 gr of sugar
- 20 gr of anise seeds
- ½ glass of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- q.s. sugar
40 minutes + rest
These 'Mbriachelle donuts with our Montepulciano d'Abruzzo that Vanessa and Matteo of Belli.demamma prepared for us are a typical dessert of Lazio, perfect as a delicious snack or to finish your dinner with a 100% Italian dessert.
To enjoy these donuts at their best, try to combine them with a glass of Montepulciano d'Abruzzo Atlante Brand and its notes of black cherry and red fruits.
- Put our Montepulciano d'Abruzzo with the anise seeds in a bowl and let them rest for ten minutes. Then, after mixing the 50 grams of sugar with the baking soda, add it to the bowl together with oil too.
- Now gradually add the flour and mix with a spoon. When the mixture begins to detach from the bowl, move it on a pastry board and knead it with your hands until you obtained a firm and homogeneous dough. At this point, put the dough to rest in a bowl covered with plastic wrap for about 30 minutes.
- Now divide the dough into several pieces. Then roll each piece to create cylinders 15/20 cm long and join the two ends creating "rings".
- After putting some sugar on a plate, pass the top of your donuts and then arrange them on a baking sheet covered with baking paper.
- Finally bake your donuts in a preheated oven at 170° and let them cook for 30/35 minutes. Your dessert is ready to be enjoyed with a glass of Montepulciano d'Abruzzo Atlante Brand!