Paccheri with roasted tomatoes and ricotta cheese
- Paccheri Pasta
- 15.8oz (450g) Datterini Tomatoes
- 8.9oz (250g) Ricotta
- 5oz (19g) Arugula
- Basil Leaves, to taste
- Freshly Ground Pepper, to taste
- 2 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Chives (Optional)
Roasted tomatoes concentrate the intense tomato aroma, leaving them bursting with flavour and making every dish pop. They are the star in this recipe for Paccheri with roasted tomatoes and ricotta cheese.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Line the baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicon mat. Arrange the tomatoes in one layer on top of the baking sheet. Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Bake for 40 minutes or until the tomatoes are have shrunk, keeping a close eye on them so they don’t burn. When you take the tomatoes out, keep the oven on.
- In the meantime, bring a medium pot of water to a boil and add the course salt. Cook the Paccheri pasta according to the directions on the box. Drain the pasta, let cool.
- In a blender purée the roasted tomatoes, arugula and basil leaves. Scoop out 4-5 spoonful and spread on the bottom of a casserole dish. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, add the ricotta then pour in the rest of the tomato sauce and stir until combined.
- Using a pastry bag or small spoon, fill each tube of pasta with the ricotta mixture and set the pasta tubes upright in the casserole dish. If you want, tie the tubes in groups with a chive stem and top with chopped chives.
- Bake at 400°F (200°C) for 10-12 minutes or until the filling is warm and the top is slightly golden. Serve warm.
Discover the other recipes
15easy Maize spaghetti with turmeric, zucchini and salmon A delicate combination for a light and tasty dish
25very easy Torchietti Tricolore with Truffle Sauce A simple recipe with the sophisticated flavor of truffle!