Chickpea caserecce with pescatora sauce, peppers and ricotta cheese
- 320 g of Atlante Brand chickpea Caserecce
- 1 can of Atlante Brand Pescatora sauce
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1 spring onion
- Extra virgin olive oil, how desired
- Salt, how desired
- Salty ricotta cheese, how desired
Our homemade chickpea caserecce with Pescatora sauce are a dish rich in taste and quick to make, perfect for a simple but tasty lunch. Legume pasta is rich in fiber and protein, ideal as a lighter alternative to pasta. Our Pescatora sauce, on the other hand, is a condiment belonging to the tradition of Sicily that encloses its aromas and flavors: matched with peppers and salty ricotta cheese it is even more saporous.
- Put a pot filled with water on the stove and once it’s boiling add the salt.
- Chop the onion and fry it in a pan with a few spoons of oil. In the meantime, dice the pepper and mix it with the spring onion. Add a pinch of salt and cook for around ten minutes.
- When the peppers are almost ready, put the pasta in the pot and cook it “al dente”.
- Once the pasta is ready, drain the caserecce and season them with the Pescatora sauce directly in the pan with the crunchy peppers.
- Serve the pasta, add a sprinkling of “ricotta salata” (a salty type of ricotta cheese) and ... enjoy your meal!